Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

It's no secret that I love my crockpot, so when I came across the Easy Slow Cooker Cookbook on clearance in Barnes & Noble last year I snatched it up. For some reason though I haven't made many recipes from it, but last week I decided to make dinner from it. The Hawaiian Chicken jumped right out at me. While I am not a huge fruit fan, I LOVE pineapple so this recipe was right up my alley. I liked it a lot, but it is pretty sweet - Joe isn't a fan of sweet meals so he didn't love it. But if you like pineapple and a little bit of sweetness for dinner, give this a try!

Hawaiian Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt to taste
1 (15 ounce) can pineapple slices, juice reserved
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup cornstarch

Place chicken in slow cooker sprayed with non-stick spray and sprinkle with a little salt. Place pineapple slices over chicken. In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger and cornstarch and stgir until combined. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or hight for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i love pineapple! can't wait to try this :)