Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oven-Fried Honey Chicken

I've had this recipe forever. I believe it is originally from the National Honey board. I have been making a lot of pasta and casserole dishes recently and I was in the mood for something light and simple for a change so I pulled this chicken out of retirement. It is very easy to make and bakes up to a nice, lightly sweet juicy chicken with just a little crunch on the crust. Joe thought it was a tad too sweet, but my bother-in-law and I loved it. I served it with some roasted potatoes, peas and biscuits and it was a nice, simple dinner.

Oven-Fried Honey Chicken

1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I used cooking spray)
6 (4 to 6-ounce) fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halves

Preheat oven to 375°F.In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar. Pour bread crumbs into separated bowl. Set bowls aside. Spread oil over foil-lined baking pan large enough to hold all chicken pieces in one layer. Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in bread crumbs; place in pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh that looks super yummy, I am always looking for new chicken recipes.

Amy said...

I made this tonight as nuggets that I found on another blog...but yours was noted, so I'm glad I found you too! Thanks for the recipe. It was great!!