Monday, November 12, 2007

Soup's On!


It's no secret that I love my crockpot. I use it all year long, but in the cooler months it's perfect for making soups, stews and chilis. This recipe is one I've had for at least a year but have only made once before. Joe and I didn't love it in its original form, which just called for ravioli - it was too boring. When I made it this time around I substituted cheese tortellini for the ravioli and added mini meatballs. It came out hearty and delicious - perfect for a cold nigh - and it was even better the next day. The original recipe can be found here, my modifications are reflected in the below recipe.

Meatball Tortellini Soup

Ingredients:
2 cups sliced carrots
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14 oz.) cans vegetable broth
2 (14 oz.) cans Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
18 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/8 tsp. pepper
Half of a large bag of frozen mini meatballs
9 0z. package frozen cheese tortellini
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients except tortellini and Parmesan cheese in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours until carrots are tender. Increase heat to high and stir in tortellini. Cover crockpot and cook for 15-20 minutes until tortellini are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

2 comments:

leosatter said...

Do you by chance, know of any quality online food services? I am starting to order all my food online because of various reasons. (Health being one of them) So far I have found 2 services, Fresh Dining (an LA company) and Celebrity Foods, but you have to call them so they can talk to you about your need. I would really like any suggestions that you may have, so I can widen my list of quality places online where I can order healthy food from.
Thank you and have a great night or day…depending on when you read this. LOL!!!!

wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO