Monday, January 7, 2008

Fun(fetti) Little Cookies

It seems like everyone loves Pillsbury's Funfetti cake mix - toss some sprinkles into cake batter and you have a winner! Who knew? I've made Funfetti as cakes and cupcakes before, but had yet to try them in their lesser-known form - as cookies! Joe has a department meeting today and I always like to send in treats for his coworkers to enjoy while they meet, so I thought I would give the Fufetti cookies a try. They are super easy and come out tasting just like the cupcakes. I frosted mine with Pillsbury Milk Chocolate frosting and topped with sprinkles and candy stars and just followed the recipe on the cake mix box.

Funfetti Cookies

1 (18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 (15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Frosting (I used chocoalte)
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.

Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Brooke- I made these this weekend for Ian's 3rd birthday party at preschool and they came out awesome! Thanks for posting the recipe, it was exactly what I needed!