Thursday, May 22, 2008

Golden Sweet Corn Muffins

I love cornbread and corn muffins, but I typically use a good old Jiffy box mix to make them. That was the plan for dinner the other night, but I ended up getting home earlier than I expected and decided to use my time by making corn muffins from scratch. I scoured All Recipes and chose this recipe because it was simple, had good reviews and claimed to be sweet, which is how I like my corn muffins. These were very good! Better than Jiffy, mainly because they were softer and not as crumbly as the mix. I got 12 muffins and Joe enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast the next few mornings. I may not need Jiffy any more...

Golden Sweet Corn Muffins

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

My hubby loves corn bread, I am going to have to try these for him.