Sunday, May 11, 2008

Morning Mini Muffin Making

I was up at the crack of dawn this morning and found myself with lots of time on my hands. After doing two loads of laundry, surfing the Internet, eating breakfast and wrapping the Mother's Day presents, it was only 8:30, I decided to pass the time by baking. I thought I would make a treat to bring to my co-workers tomorrow, so I hopped on All Recipes and began searching muffin recipes. I came across this recipe for Peanut Butter Mini Muffins and thought it sounded yummy, plus it would give me a chance to use my underutilized mini muffin pan. These are super easy to make and Joe, when he came downstairs to keep me company around 9:30, declared that they tasted like peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Sounds like a good breakfast to me!

Peanut Butter Mini Muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I used regular sized and just eye-balled it)

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm going to have to try these. YUM!