Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hot Apple Toddies

I'm not much of a drinker, but I wanted a nice cocktail to serve at our get together. So I turned to the queen of cocktails, Sandra Lee. I was looking for something sweet and preferably warm, since the weather had turned bitterly cold. This recipe for hot apple toddies caught my eye since I actually had spiced rum in the house. All I needed to purchase was the cider and the cinnamon schnapps. However, once at the liquor store I realized that I was really unwilling to spend $25 on a bottle of Goldschlager and opted for a much less expensive bottle of butterscotch schnapps instead. The swap seemed to work out just fine - the toddies were great. I thought they were a tad too sweet, but everyone else assured me that they were only as sweet as apple cider typically is - I guess I'm just not used to cider! Still, it was great drink to enjoy with friends on a cold day!

Hot Apple Toddies

3 cups apple cider
4 cinnamon sticks
½ cup spiced rum, Captain Morgan's
½ cup cinnamon schnapps, Goldschlager (I used butterscotch schnapps)
Cinnamon sticks, for garnish

In a 4-quart slow cooker combine apple cider, four cinnamon sticks, spiced rum and cinnamon schnapps. Cover; cook over high-heat setting for 1 hour. Ladle into glasses. Garnish with cinnamon sticks (or kumquats).

4 comments:

The Home Cook said...

I loved these! Apple cider is one of my favorite fall things. I'll definitely be making this next year.

Joelen said...

What a yummy drink for the holidays!

lla said...

ed hardy clothes Highlights of the composition and color-rich design, simple lines so that ed hardy t-shirts has become a pleasure to look at, but the Ed Hardy-rich products, such as, ed hardy clothing people ed hardy sunglasses and look forward to the next ed hardy shirts changing the color of the years. ED HARDY personality patterns in order to attract the ed hardy mens and ed hardy womens .
babolat pure drive
babolat aeropro drive
wilson k factor
head tennis racquets
babolat tennis racket

lla said...

Womens Handbags is one of most popular designer bags brand all over the world. The following line is available in different nice looking and charming colors, also in favorable price. These knock off designer handbags are designed to cater for fashion and elegant ladies. I very much like the cheap purses, but it is very cheap handbags. Made of high-grade leather, light weight. Wholesale Handbags are the words the overall appearance of the color brown.
ralph lauren polo
burberry polo shirt
the north face jacket
columbia jacket
spyder jacket