Friday, January 2, 2009

Waffles!

For Christmas this year my wonderful bosses gave me a ton of cooking and baking stuff - including a waffle iron. I very rarely cook breakfast, but Joe and I couldn't let our winter break slide by without breaking in the waffle iron and today we finally got the chance to use it. Nothing fancy our first time out of the gate - I used Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle mix. Joe fried up some turkey bacon while I manned the waffle iron. I found that overfilling the iron just a tad made the best waffles - nice and full and fluffy. Joe's waffles were plain and topped with strawberries, bananas and whipped cream. I put chocolate chips in mine and ate them topped with a little margarine and sugar-free syrup. Mmmmm....


Roger enjoyed watching us make waffles - and protected Joe's whipped cream!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that picture of your cat with the whipped cream. It needs a funny caption or something! Too cute.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Roger is the best looking whipped cream protector ever! :) These waffles look awesome... especially those pockets of chocolate!

Kristina R. said...

I have a waffle maker I haven't used yet. I may have to break it out to make these.

Hallie Fae said...

What a nice gift...maybe it was a hint to make more waffles for breakfast! I wouldn't mind having those for breakfast.