Thursday, December 6, 2007

Blue-Ribbon Chili


Both Joe and I really like chili, and it's the perfect weeknight meal since I can just toss it in the crockpot in the morning before work. I usually make a turkey chili in the crockpot and while it's good, it's nothing too special. So this week I went in search of a new recipe to try and came across this one on All Recipes. This recipe was nice and easy and definitely had a chili kick to it. It's going in my recipe file!

Debdoozie's Blue Ribbon Chili

2 pounds ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
4 tablespoons (1 packet) chili seasoning mix
1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans

DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.

**I made this in the crockpot, so I just browned the beef with the onion then tossed all the other ingredients into the crockpot where it cooked on low all day.

1 comment:

Kristen - Dine & Dish said...

Adding salsa would be a great twist. This looks good!