Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Butterscotch Bread Pudding

Another Christmas Eve dessert. Joe's grandfather and uncle really like bread pudding so I thought that would the perfect second dessert to bring to Christmas Eve. I've never made a bread pudding before, but I found this recipe on All Recipes and decided to go for it since I had a bag of butterscotch chips in my cabinet already. This was very easy to make and came out great. It's very sweet but everyone enjoyed it. This recipe cracks me up though - be sure to check that your finished pudding "wiggles like a well-endowed thigh." Ha!

Butterscotch Bread Pudding

INGREDIENTS
1 (10.75 ounce) loaf day-old bread, torn into small pieces
4 cups milk
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine bread, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butterscotch chips; mixture should be the consistency of oatmeal. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until nearly set. (It should have a "thigh wiggle" or wiggle as much as a well endowed thigh.) Serve warm or cold.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I have to make this, sounds very yummy!

Unknown said...

HA! I know what that looks like. I've never made a sweet bread pudding but have always wanted to try. Some day, I will...I just know it! I hope your family enjoyed.

Robin said...

Yum! Looks delicious!