Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pretzel Chicken

I am always up for trying new things with chicken, so when I saw this recipe on Annie's blog I knew I'd be making it. I like both honey mustard and pretzels so I figured this recipe had to be a winner - and it was. This chicken can be put together in no time and is nice and crunchy and full of flavor. Even Joe, who usually isn't a fan of "weird" recipes like this, really enjoyed it. I served the chicken with twice baked potatoes - I just microwaved potatoes for 15 minutes then scooped out the insides and mixed them with ranch dressing, cheddar cheese and bacon bits, then stuffed the filling back into the potato skins and baked along with the chicken. This was a great meal!


Pretzel Chicken

¼ cup spicy brown mustard
¼ cup honey
Chicken tenders
Pretzels

Combine mustard and honey in a bowl. Coat chicken with the mustard mixture. Put the pretzels in a Ziploc bag and crush. Roll chicken in the pretzels to coat. Place in a baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

2 comments:

Kira said...

I've been seeing this several places and need to try it obviously.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love how pretzel coated meats taste and I have yet to try it at home! Thanks for the reminder!