Thursday, October 25, 2007

Heavenly Pumpkin Bread


This bread is so, so good and easy too. I spotted this recipe on Tricia's blog and knew right away that I wanted to try it. The original recipe is from Cooking Light. The only real change I made was to substitute vanilla yogurt for the vanilla pudding, since that was what I had on hand. I made one loaf with chocolate chips for me and one with pecans for Joe. This bread is so moist and delicious. I ate nearly half of the chocolate chip loaf myself the night I made it. Definitely a keeper. Oh - and I scoff at the "32 servings." More like 16.... ;)


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil (I used vegetable oil)
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding (I used fat-free vanilla yogurt)
4 large egg whites
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
Cooking spray

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield
32 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 152(30% from fat); FAT 5g (sat 1.2g,mono 2.5g,poly 1.1g); PROTEIN 2g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 10mg; SODIUM 137mg; FIBER 1.1g; IRON 1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 26.5g

3 comments:

MrsPresley said...

mmmm... i love pumpkin bread. this looks great!

Tricia said...

Nicely done! I love this stuff! Haven't gotten around to making it yet this season, maybe I'll do that tonight to bring into work tomorrow :)

wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO