Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Peanut Butter Perfection


These cupcakes were by far the best-received baked good I've ever made. They made Joe laugh with joy when he took his first bite, and my friend Jamie stopped mid-sentence while eating one and exclaimed "Hang on, I'm really excited about what's in my mouth right now." Not only were these delicious, but they were super easy. I cheated and used a boxed Devil's Food cake mix and pressed a mini peanut butter cup into the center of each cupcake before baking. For the frosting I made the Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting from All Recipes that I originally spotted on Ashleigh's blog. This is a fantastic frosting - great peanut butter flavor and not overly sweet. I topped each cupcake with some chopped peanut butter cups. I will definitely be making these again - soon!

Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar

Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.

4 comments:

Renea said...

Mmm those look delicious!

Carrie said...

These look good... I love peanut butter!

Carrie said...

These look good... I love peanut butter!

wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO