Monday, September 15, 2008

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

I received the Fall issue of Kraft Food and Family magazine last week and saw several easy recipes I wanted to try. Shockingly, my first selection did NOT contain Kraft Zesty Italian dressing - I continue to be amazed at just how many recipes Kraft can create that call for salad dressing. But anyway, this recipe was easy and sounded yummy - so much so that I invited Joe's parents over to enjoy it with us. It was a hit! Since I was feeding 5 people I doubled the recipe and baked it in two 9 x 13" baking dishes. I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper and some Italian seasoning but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. Everyone loved it and we finished 1 1/2 pans. A great quick and satisfying meal!

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese

HEAT oven to 400°F. Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.
LAYER chicken, basil, cheese and stuffing in 3-qt. or 13x9-inch baking dish.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments: