Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rolling Towards Thanksgiving

Joe's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Why? Because his favorite meal is Thanksgiving dinner. Each Thanksgiving we go to my mom's house for dinner and have all the traditional foods - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, etc. My mom calls it her "signature meal" and since Joe enjoys it so much you usually makes it for him at least one or two other times throughout the year. I'm not quite so ambitious (I've never made a whole turkey) but I do try to incorporate Joe's favorite flavors into various meals throughout the year. So when I saw these turkey and stuffing rolls on Ashlee's blog I knew they'd be a hit with Joe. Ashlee's a superstar and did these up right, making her own stuffing and gravy. Me? Well I was too busy cutting antibodies out of sugar cookie dough to have time to make stuffing and gravy, so I cheated! I made up a box of Stove Top and rolled the stuffing inside my thick-sliced deli turkey. I put the rolls in a 9 x 13" baking dish and covered them with some jarred turkey gravy, then covered it all up and baked for 15 minutes. Done! Joe really loved these and they couldn't have been easier! Be sure to see Ashlee's blog for the non-cheater version of this recipe!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

yay! they look great :)