Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


Oh how I love my crockpot. If I could live with only one kitchen appliance for the rest of my life, I would choose my crockpot. I use it at least once a week, typically on Mondays. It's great to come home to a finished dinner and a delicious smelling house at the start the week. I have tons of crockpot recipes in my rotation, and this is a super easy one that I throw together regularly. I hesitate to really call it a recipe, because it includes only three ingredients, but its yummy nonetheless.

Crockpot Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup diced onion
1 bottle barbecue sauce

Place chicken in crockpot and cover with onion and barbecue sauce. Cook 8 hours on low setting. Using two forks, shred the chicken. I serve this on toasted whole wheat rolls topped with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Have plenty of napkins on hand - this gets messy!

No comments: