Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pasta with Spinach, Beans and Asiago Cheese


Mmmmmmmm. That's all I can say about this recipe. I saw this in my September 2007 Cooking Light and had to try it. It was so easy and had a unique flavor that Joe and I both really liked. I added some garlic chicken sausage for extra protein but otherwise followed the recipe pretty closely. I will definitely be making this again!

Cavatappi with Spinach, Beans, and Asiago Cheese

Ingredients:
8 cups coarsely chopped spinach leaves
4 cups hot cooked cavatappi (about 6 ounces uncooked spiral-shaped pasta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
Fresh ground black pepper (optional)

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper, if desired.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 401(27% from fat); FAT 12g (sat 3.4g,mono 6.2g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 18.8g; CHOLESTEROL 10mg; CALCIUM 306mg; SODIUM 464mg; FIBER 6.7g; IRON 6.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 54.7g

No comments: