Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pinwheel, Pinwheel

Does anyone else remember that old kids' show from the 80's? Every time I think of this appetizer the Pinwheel theme song runs through my head - Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around, look at my pinwheel and see what I've found...
Anyhow, this is the first time I've made these tortilla pinwheels, but it won't be the last. This is seriously the easiest appetizer ever. You can pretty much put any filling you choose in the tortillas - I went with roast beef, turkey and cheddar cheese. These were gone in a matter of minutes so they must have been good! As my brother-in-law said, they taste just like mini sandwiches.

Tortilla Pinwheels

5 large flour tortillas
1 container garlic and chive cream cheese
roast beef
turkey
shredded cheddar cheese

Spread tortillas with cream cheese and sprinkle with shredded cheddar. Top cheese with meat and roll tortilla tightly. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight. Slice rolls and serve.

4 comments:

bakingblonde said...

I love pinwheels. They are so versitile and adults and kids love them!! Yours sound yummy!

Carrie said...

I love these! I need to find a "reason" to make them :)

Lauren said...

Yeah, thanks... now I have that song in my head. ;) And they look great!

Me said...

Oh my gosh that was my favorite show, but hardly any of my friends know what I'm talking about when I sing "pinwheel, pinwheel..."
(cristamegan from the nest)