Sunday, June 29, 2008

Taking a dip

This month Joe's grandfather turned 90 years old. To celebrate, the family through a huge party with all his friends and family. It was a great day. My contribution to the party was two appetizers, one being this spinach dip. I love this dip. Love it. It's so simple to make but tastes great. Plus I love that it's served in a bread bowl with bread for dipping. I love me some bread. This dip is always gobbled up right away, and this time was no exception. The recipe is below, but first let me say happy birthday, Freddie! I wish you 90 more wonderful years!

Spinach Dip

1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 packet vegetable soup mix
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed

In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayo and soup mix. Squeeze spinach to eliminate excess water and add to sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Best served in a bread bowl with chunks of fresh bread for dipping!

2 comments:

Liz said...

cutest. grandpa. ever.

!!

Unknown said...

How precious! My grandmother would have turned 90 last July but died in March...she was just overwhelmed by the fact at that number...NINETY!!!! What a blessing to have a long and joyful life.