Sunday, June 15, 2008

"SO Good" Peanut Butter Pie


While I often joke about Kraft Food & Family Magazine and their ability to work Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing into just about every recipe, they sure do come up with some mean desserts! Just recently I was blown away by their Banana Split "Cake" and tonight I made another winner from the summer 2008 issue, which they call Chocolate-Peanut Butter Candy Dessert and I am renaming "SO Good' Peanut Butter Pie, because that's all anyone could say as they were eating it. I made this for dessert for the Father's Day dinner we had tonight. It was just me, Joe, my father-in-law Fred and brother-in-law John, but between the four of us we ate all but one piece of this pie. It was just SO good. The creamy chocolate peanut butter filling is so rich and delicious that it's irresistible. I followed the recipe exactly except rather than make my own crust I purchased a chocolate crumb crust from the store. It's a perfect dessert after a warm summer day...or any day.

"SO Good" Peanut Butter Pie

12 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, crushed
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups cold milk (I used skim)
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
2 Tbsp. hot fudge ice cream topping
1/4 cup Reese's Pieces

MIX crushed cookies and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 8-inch square pan.
PLACE peanut butter in large bowl. Gradually add milk, stirring with wire whisk until well blended. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Spread onto prepared crust; top evenly with remaining 1 cup whipped topping.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until set. When ready to serve, microwave fudge topping as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Sprinkle with candies. Store leftovers (if there are any!) in refrigerator.

5 comments:

bakingblonde said...

I MUST make this, I can not pass up any dessert that combines chocolate and PB!!

Carrie said...

YUM!! I love peanut butter!

Unknown said...

wonderful. Thanks for sharing:-)
X M

Charlotte said...

I'm with you on the Italian dressing in Food and Family Magazine! I really love their dessert recipes, and if you haven't tried it yet I recommend their "Best Ever Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake."

kamaile said...

I love PB & chocolate together. This pie sounds incredible.